Jacob Cass of Just Creative Design

It has been a while since I featured an interview here. I have been quite busy while my interviewee has a lot on his hands as well. I'm quite happy that he took a small amount of his time to answer a few of my questions. The man of the hour is Jacob Cass. He is very young and at the age of 21, he is a known graphic designer and his blog is among the best blogs, there is, about graphic designs and more.

Can you give us a few details about yourself?

Hi, my name is Jacob Cass and I am the founder of ‘Just Creative Design’. On this website you will find my personal graphic design portfolio (My design services are currently available for hire), as well as a blog on the main subject of graphic design which provides free graphic design tips, articles & resources on all subjects of design, ranging from, but not limited to; print design, logo design, web design, branding, typography, advertising & more.

When did your interest in graphic design started?

Back in high school.

When and why did you start blogging?

To learn, teach others and to record my process as a designer. Also to earn an income doing what I love doing, designing!

Do you enjoy blogging as much as you enjoy designing?

They both come hand in hand.

How did you get your blog off the ground? A piece of advice?

A lot of hard work. It took about 4 months until it really kicked off.

When working on a new project, how do you start your creative process?

Always by a brief or questionnaire, sometimes a client consultation, then research, sketching, etc.

What are the biggest personal or professional challenges do you face regularly?

Personal is probably disipline. Professional, is probably trying to keep up with everything.

How do you handle an artist's block?

I have my inspiration sources I come back to. The internet is a huge help!

Who is your mentor?

I have no mentor, but I try to learn off as many people as I can.

What sites do you usually visit when you're in need to tickle your muse for fresh ideas?

I don't have any certain sites, but if need be I can just browse some galleries.

What is the most memorable work you've done so far?

I loved doing my own logo and the Fitucci logo :)



You're so young, yet you are very successful in what you do. What advice can you give to all those people who look up to you?

The biggest piece of advice that I would give comes in a ‘package’ based from the little things that I have learned over my short career as a designer. These would be perfect for someone just starting out… Don’t undervalue your work. Seek critcism, not praise. Always keep learning & don’t be a static learner… do this by reading books, magazines, blogs and by practicing. Collect & Share things. Never give up. Keep practicing. Again, keep practicing. Teach others.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'm hungry for your thoughts. Tell me what you think... ;P